Conversion Disorder

How may we help you?

Contact Us Today!

We know it can be stressful when you are looking for solutions. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff is ready to help you schedule or answer any questions you may have to get you started.
Call (623) 824-5051

Serin Center

Children with ADHD and anxiety appear to experience more emotional dysregulation than their peers. While they experience the same emotions as individuals their age, they experience them much more frequently and intensely. They may be more likely to get stuck and caught up in their emotion due to difficulties with executive functioning skills and seeing the bigger picture.



Ready to schedule an appointment to meet with a Serin Center specialist? Please complete our intake process.

Have questions?

Call to talk with a Serin Center representative to discuss your particular needs.

(623) 824-5051

Conversion Disorder

Conversion disorder is a condition in which an individual is experiencing a motor or sensory malfunction without medical explanation. Some examples of a motor or sensory malfunction are blindness, paralysis, seizures, or speech symptoms. According to the DSM-5, the symptom experienced must cause significant distress or warrant medical evaluation. For a diagnosis of conversion disorder, symptoms experienced must not at attributable to any neurological disease.

Conversion disorder is sometimes associated with depersonalization and dissociative amnesia. The prevalence of persistent conversion symptoms is 2-5/100,000 per year. Symptoms may be short in duration or chronic. Stressful life events are often common in conversion disorder but are not necessary for the diagnosis.

What We Don’t Treat

We are not an emergency clinic. We are an outpatient provider so we do not have inpatient facilities. We are not a hospital and do not provide detox services for addictions. We do not treat schizophrenia or brain disorders related to advancing age such as dementia or Alzheimer’s. We are not contracted with any court system and do not provide court ordered services related to child custody or other matters.

Contact Us

6 + 7 =