Overcoming Major Depression:
What are the 8 signs of Major Depression?
Learn about the symptoms and treatment of major depression, and how Serin Center's evidence-based therapy can help you overcome this challenging mental health disorder.
Symptoms, Treatment, and How Serin Center Can Help
Major depression, also known as clinical depression, is a mental health disorder that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterized by persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and worthlessness that can interfere with daily life. In this article, we will discuss the definition, symptoms, and treatment of major depression, as well as the benefits of seeking help at Serin Center.
Definition of Major Depression:
Major depression is a type of mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest in activities. It affects the way you feel, think, and behave, and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. Major depression is a serious condition that requires medical treatment.
Symptoms of Major Depression:
The symptoms of major depression can vary from person to person, but some common signs include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and emptiness
- Loss of interest in activities that you used to enjoy
- Changes in appetite and weight
- Sleep disturbances, such as insomnia or oversleeping
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Difficulty concentrating, making decisions, or remembering things
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Thoughts of death or suicide
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek help from a medical professional.
Treatment for Major Depression:
Treatment for major depression typically involves a combination of therapy and medication. Therapy can help you identify negative thought patterns, and develop a more positive outlook on life. Medication can help to regulate brain chemicals that are involved in mood regulation.
At Serin Center, we offer a variety of evidence-based therapies to help individuals struggling with major depression, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and interpersonal therapy. Our team of experienced therapists works closely with each client to create an individualized treatment plan that addresses their specific needs and goals.
Benefits of Seeking Help at Serin Center:
There are several benefits to seeking help for major depression at Serin Center, including:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This type of therapy focuses on identifying and changing negative thought patterns and behaviors that contribute to anxiety.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR): is a psychotherapy that enables people to heal from symptoms and emotional distress.
- Neurofeedback Therapy: A type of biofeedback that presents real-time feedback from brain activity in order to reinforce healthy brain function through brain conditioning.
If you or someone you know is struggling with major depression, it is important to seek help from a qualified medical professional. At Serin Center, we are dedicated to helping individuals overcome their mental health challenges and live happier, healthier life.
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). Major Depression. Retrieved from https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/major-depression.shtml
Soleimani, L., Lapidus, K. A. B., & Iosifescu, D. V. (2011). Diagnosis and treatment of major depressive disorder. Neurologic Clinics, 29(1), 177-193. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ncl.2010.10.010
Linden, D. E. J. (2014). Neurofeedback and networks of depression. Dialogues in clinical neuroscience, 16(1), 103-12.
Serin Center experts have been utilizing applied neuroscience to enhance the lives of children, adolescents, adults, families, and executives with effective and innovative therapy.
Experience the power of innovative and effective applied neuroscience therapy for mental and emotional wellness. Visit Serin Center in Phoenix, Arizona. With offices in Peoria and Scottsdale, our experts provide cutting-edge approaches for faster, long-lasting results. Upgrade your life today and contact us to see how we can help your child, teen, or yourself.